Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FPS drops in everygame i play. GPU usage also drops

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wubly

wubly

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:49 PM

Hello everyone, I am here today to try to fix this issue I have been having with my system. At first i thought these fps drops were a BF4 thing, but surprisingly it was every game I played! Lets start out by explaining the issue. Ill be playing a game and randomly the fps drops to 30 or less and shoots right back up. In afterburner I noticed when the fps drops happen my GPU usage drops to like 40% when it was just at 99-100%. These issues happen on every graphical setting. I contacted the makers of my GPU and they said it was fine and it didn't qualify for a refund.

*THINGS I HAVE TRIED*
-unparking CPU cores
-reinstalling directX
-reinstalling the games
-lowered graphics settings in game(notice i still get fps drops on all qualities)
-reinstalling punk-buster)
-using custom cfg files for certain games
-disabling Nvidia audio driver
-reinstalling latest drivers for video card
-trying older drivers
-testing RAM(passed)
-checked temps on all hardware(which were all fine, no sign of overheating)
-reinstalling the operating system (did this three times -.-)
-updated bios
-defragmented HDD

-updated sound drivers and uninstalling Nvidia HD audio

*MY SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS*
- Zotac Nvidia GTX 770 2gb
-Intel I5- 4670k @ 3.4 ghz with turbo boost (with corsair h60 water cooling)
-16 Gb corsair vengeance ram
-2 TB Western Digital Black
-1050w XFX power supply unit(modular)
- Asus Z87-A motherboard
-and case fans aswell as other accessories like lights

Overall this computer is fairly new, it was purchased in September and shouldn't have these problems at all. I've tried everything and I really cant pinpoint the issue.

Any help would be awesome, Thank you all biggrin.gif

here is a pic of what happened, the game is running in the background so thats why there is no frame rates, usually the usage and frames jump alot. <PICTURE!> on top of gpu temp is GPU power %.

Edited by wubly, 26 June 2014 - 02:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 wubly

wubly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:28 PM

any help? i recently formatted my hard drives and reinstalled OS it drops a little less now but its still there especially in PS2 and CSGO. Could it be hardware related, maybe power related?? i really don't know any help would be appreciated! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users