Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Timed music player

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Taoki

Taoki

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:10 PM

I hope this is the right section to ask about finding Android applications. Either way, I'm looking for a music player that can automatically start / stop playing music at specific hours. I want it to be able to loop and shuffle a folder of audio files or songs in a playlist, so it can randomly play any song during those given hours.

It's pretty much something between a music player and an alarm clock that I want. The alarm clock plays an audio file when the hour specified is reached, while a music player can loop a playlist infinitely and shuffle through its entries. Can I find a free program that offers both things? I'm running Android 4.3 on a Galaxy S3.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,720 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:45 PM

I know of an app can shut off your media player after a set time. That's sleep timer. But starting at a set time? That I don't know any of. For starting your media player, I would think you would need a Tasker menu or an IFTTT recipe. But if you use Tasker or IFTTT then you can just add the stop time as well. So I'm not aware of an app alone that will start and stop your media player. I did a quick search and all I found was sleep timers to turn it off, nothing for starting at a set time that wasn't an alarm clock with music feature.

So you can wake to music, or fall asleep to music and have it shut off. But no one app to start it then shut it off at a specific interval. Hence my Tasker or IFTTT suggestion. And I'm not positive those will be your solution. You'll have to see if you can make it fit your needs.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Taoki

Taoki
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:33 PM

Thank you, I believe I found exactly what I'm looking for. Condi / Mini-Tasker does this perfectly, using the default audio player. I haven't tried it in detail, but it seemingly even lets you specify the playlist and volume. It should help with my question and maybe even more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users