I have downloaded JRT, and Adwcleaner, and ran malwarebytes and I decided to run unhide from bleeping, and below is the scan results from unhide.
The scan from unhide cannot restore missing shortcuts and I have been trying to look over the programs from bleeping to figure out which programs I need to run to restore missing shortcuts.
Can you take a look at this unhide results for me and see what you think? give me feedback on your opinion on what I can do next to restore missing shortcuts.
Thankyou very much,
have a nice day.
Unhide by Lawrence Abrams (Grinler)
Copyright 2008-2014 BleepingComputer.com
More Information about Unhide.exe can be found at this link:
Program started at: 06/25/2014 07:08:18 AM
Windows Version: Windows 7
Please be patient while your files are made visible again.
Processing the C:\ drive
Finished processing the C:\ drive. 134964 files processed.
The C:\Users\Regina\AppData\Local\Temp\smtmp\ folder does not exist!!
Unhide cannot restore your missing shortcuts!!
Please see this topic in order to learn how to restore default
Start Menu shortcuts: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic405109.html
Searching for Windows Registry changes made by FakeHDD rogues.
- Checking HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer
* NoActiveDesktopChanges policy was found and deleted!
- Checking HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer
- Checking HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\System
* DisableTaskMgr policy was found and deleted!
- Checking HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\ActiveDesktop
- Checking HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
* Start_ShowNetConn was set to 0! It was set back to 1!
* Start_TrackDocs was set to 0! It was set back to 1!
Program finished at: 06/25/2014 07:16:04 AM
Execution time: 0 hours(s), 7 minute(s), and 45 seconds(s)