Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pasted text not printing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 allisonfiona

allisonfiona

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:33 AM

My PC at work has recently changed to Windows 7 and I have come across a printing problem I have never had before in any version of windows. In my day to day work I do a lot of copying and pasting of tables and their headings from an internet based work's program to a Word document and then print the document. However, with Windows 7 my problem is that the headings on my tables do not print. They show on print preview as normal but there is just a space on the printed document where the headings should be. The rest of the table prints as it always has and is fine. Help please as I'm tearing my hair out!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:40 AM

Uh, you neglected to say what you're pasting INTO.  That is key to diagnosing your problem because I suspect whatever app that might be.  

Please download and run Speccy.  After running it click File -> Publish snapshot... Copy and paste the link it gives you into your next post.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 allisonfiona

allisonfiona
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:12 PM

I have said that I am pasing into a Word document. Unfortunately I am not able to download any outside programs to my work PC as I do not and cannot get permission. I have done the same job for a very long time and have never had this problem until Windows 7. Thought I may be missing something in the settings?

#4 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:23 PM

You did indeed say you were pasting into a Word document.  Sorry, I missed it before.  I'm running Office 2007 on a number of Windows 7 and 8.1 computers and not having this problem, so I'm wondering what version of Word you're using.  If it's earlier than 2003, it's unsupported by Microsoft.  I've also run Office 2010 without problems as well with no problems.  Do you have all the maintenance for Office installed?  Do you have the same problem with Wordpad?  Office has a repair function you could try.  To do that click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features.  Then scroll down and find Microsoft Office and click on it.  Then click the CHANGE button.  When the next window appears, click the REPAIR radio button and then click Continue.  Follow the onscreen instructions.  If none of this works, try uninstalling and reinstalling Office and all the updates to it. 

Several of the questions I've asked would be answered if you'd download and run Speccy like I asked above.

Edited by wpgwpg, 25 June 2014 - 12:24 PM.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#5 scotty_ncc1701

scotty_ncc1701

• Members
  • 520 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:27 PM

Since it's a work computer, and presuming what you're doing is work related, then your IT department, regardless whether it is 1, or 100 people, needs to get involved.  There is a high probability that others have the same issue.

Best of luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users