Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

training program link is broken

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 michaelgreen

michaelgreen

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:06 AM

Hi there I was looking at bleepingcomputers web site at I saw this:

(If you're interested in learning about malware removal and how to use specialized fix tools like DDS, RSIT, OTL, ComboFix, GMER, etc is something you are interested in, please read BleepingComputer's Malware Removal Training Program.)

but the link is broken so could someone point me the right way as I would like to learn about this.

many thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,078 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:41 AM

Working for me, try again
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/86678/malware-removal-training-program/
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,847 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:46 AM

Are you talking about the 'Click here' link to apply to the training program being broken? Or the link to read about the training program that you posted?

If it's the link to apply not working, please be sure to read the section just above that link to apply. It's right under the words Please Note:

If it's this link: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/86678/malware-removal-training-program/

As boopme stated it's working just fine for me as well.

If it's another link you're referring to, could you please be more specific.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 michaelgreen

michaelgreen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:54 AM

Hi I have tried both of your links and all I get is:

Oops! This link appears to be broken.

Did you mean: www.­bleepingcomputer­.­com

thanks

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,847 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:59 AM

Try clearing your browser cache and cookies and for extra measure restart your machine. Then try and access the link/s again.

No one else has reported the issue so at this time I can only assume that the issue is localized to your connection or machine.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#6 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,158 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:23 AM

I cannot access that topic too.

The page gives me: Error - You don't have permission to view this forum.

Thank you.

If I don't reply back to you in 2 days, feel free to send me a PM.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:59 AM

Same thing happened with me...as OP reports :).

Louis

FWIW:  I just checked all my other BC links and this is the only one where I get that message.

Edited by hamluis, 25 June 2014 - 12:13 PM.

#8 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,542 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:05 PM

The topic is archived. Where did you find a link to it?

#9 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 6,054 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:58 PM

I believe it is in a number of topics about this subject where quietman7 links them to the (old) thread about BC's school (although I'm not completely sure, but I recognise the wording)

It works for some of you as you have access to the archived forums, most of us do not :)

xXToffeeXx~

Edited by xXToffeeXx, 25 June 2014 - 12:59 PM.

~If I am helping you and you have not had a reply from me in two days, please send me a PM~

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic] - If we have helped you out and you want to support what we do, you can do so here

~Twitter~ | ~Malware Analyst at Emsisoft~

#10 michaelgreen

michaelgreen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:53 PM

The topic is archived. Where did you find a link to it?

Hi there Grinler I was looking at this page: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511930/how-do-i-get-combofix-to-run-on-windows-81/ and if you go down to quietman7 post you will see it there.

thanks

#11 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,542 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:01 PM

I let QM know.

Thanks!

#12 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,847 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:21 PM

Now that we have determined that I missed the fact the page was archived. :)

Here is the page that the archived one was replaced with.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/532535/malware-removal-training-program/

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#13 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:14 PM

:thumbup2:

Louis

#14 michaelgreen

michaelgreen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:37 PM

I would like to thank you all for your help on this subject its much appreciated.

#15 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,847 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:55 PM

You're welcome on behalf of the Bleeping Computer community. Apologies for the confusion at first.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users