Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I transfer my music from my ipod to my itunes?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 bookgirl89

bookgirl89

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:33 AM

Hi
I have a 2007 ipod, colour screen with click wheel, and I want to transfer all my music off this onto my computer. (My old windows 7 desktop broke so I had to buy a new laptop but all my music was on the old desktop in itunes) I have a windows 8 laptop but I can't seem to figure out how to transfer the music off my ipod and onto my itunes. I only have my music on my ipod now so I'm worried about losing everything. When I plug my ipod into the computer, it shows up in itunes on my new laptop but I'm unsure of how to transfer the music over. Itunes shows the music that is on my ipod but does not let me play it or copy it onto my laptop.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 11,708 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:40 AM

Use caution here because you have a new laptop I tunes could format your Ipod.

This was a few years ago now. If you had an Ipod and used Itunes to put music and stuff on it the PC and the Itunes owned that Ipod and you could not add music from another Itunes on another PC, If you changed ownership the Ipod was formated. No idea last time I did something Like that I used Linux to browse my Ipod like a usb drive.

Cant you just open it like a normal drive from My Computer?

I saw your post and just wanted to warn you.

Edited by NickAu1, 25 June 2014 - 06:42 AM.

#3 Darktune

Darktune

Very Purple

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:40 AM

Hey,

Does this help?

http://www.wikihow.com/Copy-Music-from-Your-iPod-to-Your-Computer

Thanks,

Darktune

It's very hard to imagine all the crazy things that things really are like. 

Electrons act like waves.. no they don't exactly, they act like particles.. no they don't exactly.

Words and ideas can change the world.

#4 bookgirl89

bookgirl89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:54 AM

Hi,

Got it working now. Thanks.

Edited by bookgirl89, 25 June 2014 - 10:05 AM.

#5 cutpasted

cutpasted

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:08 AM

Is there is a reliable software for doing that? Does anyone know? Thanks!

#6 Felipe2237

Felipe2237

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:04 AM

Is there is a reliable software for doing that? Does anyone know? Thanks!

Cutpasted, it's best to create a new topic so people know what the new problem is in order to get more help. It also aids people who are trying to find the answer as well.

Simply press the "Start New Topic" button at the top of the screen!

Unofficial iOS Genius

#7 mainer21

mainer21

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 26 December 2014 - 11:03 PM

iPod Access for Windows v4.4.1 iPod Access is the leading iPod/iPhone music and video transfer application for the PC. With iPod Access you have instant access to all the songs on your iPod and iPhone. Your songs can be be displayed and sorted in almost any fashion so you can find the songs you need right when you need them. With the new instant search feature in v4 you can find songs just as quickly as you would in iTunes. And once you have found the songs, movies and playlists that you want, iPod Access will copy them right back into iTunes or to an external drive for backup. If you need music from your iPod back on your computer then you need iPod Access.

http://www.findleydesigns.com/products.html

I have been using it for years. Outstanding software.

#8 jimholy

jimholy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:34 AM

If you've already put music on your iTunes, you just need to connect your iPod to computer, and start iTunes to click "Sync" and then iTunes will automatically sync your iPod with iTunes.

#9 ireallyamjamie

ireallyamjamie

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:29 PM

I've used a program called TouchCopy with pretty good results. It costs a bit, but was well worth it. My issue being that music that had been ripped from old CDs wouldn't automatically re-populate to the new computer's iTunes. Moving forward though, I subscribe to iTunes Match now ($24.99/year) which stores all my music (even my ripped 1990s CD) in the Cloud and shares it across all my devices. Well worth the money I feel.

#10 Xkoiul

Xkoiul

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 08 September 2015 - 05:15 AM

Don't sync your ipod until you create a folder on your new computer with all your music in it!

Edited by Orange Blossom, 09 December 2015 - 01:26 AM.
Removed unnecessary quote. ~ OB

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users