Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 98 COrel WordPerfect Suite 8 Wierd Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Swiftzn

Swiftzn

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:26 AM

Hey guys,

I am having the wierdiest problem.

When i click the open dialog on Quattro Pro, i browse to a folder then a bunch of items are listed naturally

when i press the down arrow instead of going From item 1 to Item 2 it skips Item 2 and goes to Item 3 then Item 5 then Item 7 and so on.

Strange thing is this only happens in Corel and not in any other application and only started happening yesterday

i have also reinstalled windows on another computer and fresh install of corel and does the same thing

Reason i need it to only go down one line is because of a Macro

EXAMPLE

The underscore at the end represent the highlighted Item

Before Pressing Down Arrow

-Folder

- Item 1_

- Item 2

- Item 3

- Item 4

- Item 5

After Pressing Down Arrow Once

-Folder

- Item 1

- Item 2

- Item 3_

- Item 4

- Item 5

any assistance would be appreciated i am about to pull my hair out haha

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,049 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:20 PM

Just a guess!  It could be a minor glitch picking up a setting from WP line spacing setting.  I loved that program but went to MS as the OS's grew up.

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 Walt43bleeping

Walt43bleeping

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:35 PM

I started with WPO9 and jumped to WPO12, so I have never seen it. But my take is OldPhil has the most likely guess

I have found nothing better than the WP world. It is the main reason for me to celebrate Win98SE. If you want WPO12, I think I can share it since they do not support it any more. Let me know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users