Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird Problem in Windows 8

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ronydan

Ronydan

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:22 AM

I have two operating systems - Windows 7 and Windows 8.

Now the problem is in windows 7 the computer runs faster. Though I updated all the driver on windows 8 . Windows 8 also takes more time to boot up than my brother's comp who also has windows 8 but had windows 7 originally. When I open the task manager this is the picture. 

Now my question is that the System interrupts is taking so much space . How to reduce it.

My computer specs are- 

Lenovo B300 

Processor - Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU   E7600 @ 3.06 GHz 3.06 GHz

Installed Memory (RAM) - 4.00GB (3.00 GB usable)

System Type - 32-bit Operating System x64 based processor

Operating System - Windows 8 Pro And Windows 7 Ultimate

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:19 PM

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  When  FileHippo opens, click on Download latest version in the upper right pane.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Ronydan

Ronydan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:05 PM

Downloaded and here is the link.

Thanks

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/XqM03SYylCO4mGMDsX44Vus

#4 HairCut

HairCut

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 AM

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:31 AM

Does it always run so hot?

#5 Ronydan

Ronydan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:23 AM

Nope When using it for around half an hour or so or sometimes 1 hour it becomes hot ..

and yeah If you see on speccy it is just 13 mins and it is already running hot

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:56 AM

At 73C your CPU is running too hot.  I would suggest that purchase canned duster and blow out the computer and see if this lowers the temperatures.

Your C: drive is only 26.5GB in size, and you only have 13% free space on it.  You may want to consider adding partition #3 with the C: drive to create more swap space.  With the small (comparatively) amount of RAM the swap space becomes important.

You posted that only 3GB of RAM was usable, are both of these operating system 32-bit versions?  The lack of RAM would explain why Windows 8 is running slower than Windows 7.  Windows 8 requires more RAM in order to operate properly.

I haven't looked at the MiniToolBox yet.  I will be gone most of this morning and will have to wait till later to get to that.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 Ronydan

Ronydan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:30 AM

I live in a small town and I don't think that I will get a canned duster.

And My C: Drive came already partitioned . I tried once to increase size but it does not work.

And, both of these operating systems are 32 bit-versions.

Also,

I earlier  installed windows 8 and this thing happened so I uninstalled it and then suddenly all time windows 7 slow.

Now when I have both the OS's windows 7 is faster than Windows 8

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users