Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Connectivity Issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Zoolouie

Zoolouie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:05 PM

Hi! I would like to first start by apologizing for my overall lack of knowledge regarding computers. This is my first post on the website and the first real research I've done regarding computer issues.

Anyway, a few months ago my computer began to randomly disconnect from the internet approximately every 10 minutes. This wasn't too big of a deal but it was obviously pretty annoying. A couple weeks later my computer began to have ping spikes. After running an online ping test I noticed during upload times (there was a graph) the speed would spike to 0 then back up to a normal speed. Being an avid gamer, this was a problem for being effective (League of Legends namely). I did more research into the issue and determined my computer was the only one doing these problems. I also connected my computer directly to my router using an Ethernet cable and all of my ping issues seemed to vanish.

I have received a few theories but would like them to be confirmed before I spend any money on this. So my question to you guys is, what could be causing this problem, and how would I fix it?

I would be happy to provide any additional information you need.

Thank you in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:37 AM

What are the theories you have about what the problem could be?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users