Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot get into my user acct on my laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shellstiamo

shellstiamo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:59 PM

I can get into my guest acct but it wont let me change anything. When I go to sign into MY user acct it acts like it is signing me in and then it automatically logs me out. I cant access my acct at all. I have lots of files that I don't wanna lose but I even tried to restore and it wont let me do that either. Then it tells me I have a corrupt file in my CBS log. What can I do to get back into MY user acct and straighten out my laptop? Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 davidmartin123

davidmartin123

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:31 AM

why don't you try to reboot your system. This way, you could get out of this mess. 

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:43 PM

Create another administrative user account and see if this resolves the problem.  If it does you probably have a corrupt user account.

Go to Computer and click on your C: drive.

When it opens click on Winows.  Then scroll down to Logs and double click on it.

Double click on CBS, then double click on the CBS log you want to open.

Please copy and paste the content in your topic.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users