Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ipod touch 5th generation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sgm67

sgm67

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:51 PM

I am a school teacher.  At the end of the year I was given an ipod that has been sitting around the office pretty much all year with the thought that I could give it to one of my children (we find the darndest things-ONE shoe? really?). We have been unable to track the owner at school as we only had the first name and of course the partial email address.  It was passcode protected and locked with the message about unlocking in a zillion minutes. The activation lock is on but we cannot find the owner as there is no message ("if lost call 123-456-7890").  Is there anything we can do?  Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:13 PM

I am a school teacher.  At the end of the year I was given an ipod that has been sitting around the office pretty much all year with the thought that I could give it to one of my children (we find the darndest things-ONE shoe? really?). We have been unable to track the owner at school as we only had the first name and of course the partial email address.  It was passcode protected and locked with the message about unlocking in a zillion minutes. The activation lock is on but we cannot find the owner as there is no message ("if lost call 123-456-7890").  Is there anything we can do?  Thanks!

If activation lock is on and there is no identifiable information to track down the owner, then I don't believe there is anything you can do.

#3 Quevvy

Quevvy

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:38 PM

If activation lock is on and there is no identifiable information to track down the owner, then I don't believe there is anything you can do.

You might be able to restore it, but it might be linked to an iTunes account or a specific computewhich might not allow you to do that. Try some of the methods that Apple has: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1212

Edited by Quevvy, 10 July 2014 - 05:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users