Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Where to buy laptop screens?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 negativecreep

negativecreep

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:31 PM

I have an old Toshiba Satellite M70-DL4 and I need to replace the screen. I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on where I can order one online? I can try ebay or amazon, but I was wondering if there are other reputable websites out there.

If the site delivers to Canada that is a plus.

Thanks for your time!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,732 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:36 PM

Never used them but have heard good things: http://www.screencountry.com/

And they do ship to Canada

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 451 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:45 PM

http://www.screentekinc.com/toshiba__Satellite__M70-series-laptops-lcd-screens.shtml

(scroll down to your model about mid page on my screen)

I have used Screentek many many times when I had the shop open. They ship worldwide including Canada

Andy

#4 negativecreep

negativecreep
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:51 PM

Awesome, I will check these out. Thank you for the responses! 

I just wish these laptop screen sites would just not look so damn sketchy! :)

#5 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:58 PM

Make sure you use the exact numbers on the back of the current panel, for example, 154WXGA  v1.1   you will need the entire number including versions or revisions such as R1.2 or V1.2 if it has them etc. Sometimes laptops are very picky about which panel works correctly.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#6 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:42 PM

I have gotten my last 10 or so from Amazon.  Pull the LCD and get the part number, and to verify connector location.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#7 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:06 AM

Ebay. Like zingo said, be as exact as possible. LTBB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users