Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i have a blue screen with a command on

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 penny45

penny45

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:07 AM

t says on a blue screen when switch it on:- a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart the computer , if this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk defragmentation or back up utilities, check your hard drive configuration and check for any updated drivers, run CHKDSK/f to check for hard-drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical Information

STOP ox00000024  (ox00190203, ox86A5E826, ox0000102, ox00000000). 

Can anyone help please

Edited by penny45, 24 June 2014 - 09:07 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tim_frankenstein

tim_frankenstein

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:51 AM

1.     Try boot the computer in last known good configuration. You may refer the link for steps: How to start your computer by using the Last Known Good Configuration feature in Windows XP:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307852

2.     Run chkdsk tool from Windows recovery console. You may refer the links for description of the Windows XP Recovery Console: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314058

How to perform disk error checking in Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315265

#3 penny45

penny45
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:53 AM

i have tried that and it does not let me type chkdsk tool, i have tried f8, f12 , f2 and f6 commands throughout of what people have told me and still nothing. 

#4 tim_frankenstein

tim_frankenstein

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:57 AM

If you have not preinstalled the Windows Recovery Console, you can start the computer and use the Recovery Console directly from your original Windows XP installation disc. If your computer is already in Windows and you want to add the Windows Recovery Console as a startup option, go to the next section "Adding the Windows Recovery Console as a startup option."

1. Insert the Windows XP CD into your CD drive and restart your computer. If you are prompted, select any options required to start (boot) from the CD.
  2. When the text-based part of Setup begins, follow the prompts. Select the repair or recover option by pressing R.
  3. If you have a dual-boot or multiboot system, select the installation that you want to access from the Recovery Console.
  4. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password.
  5. At the command prompt, type: fixmbr press "Y" to let it run, then fixboot and "Y" to let it run, then chkdsk /r and read the prompts. It will show you if i repairs and files or bad sectors.

#5 penny45

penny45
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:00 AM

will try that later now as gotta get tea on lol, if does not work, will get back to you thank you for your help with the above matter

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,874 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:04 AM

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

#7 penny45

penny45
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:07 AM

dell intel pentium running on windows xp proffessional, had vista on originally, 

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,874 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:00 AM

That doesn't tell me...what particular Dell model you have.

If the system came with Vista...and someone installed XP after deleting existing partitions...do you have a MS Genuine XP install disk?

Louis

#9 penny45

penny45
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:21 AM

no i don't. , it says on bottom of tower dhm model if that helps . 

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,002 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:39 AM

There are a couple of ways to run chkdsk on the drive without a XP install disk.

You can download NTFSforDOS and create a bootable CD. Then at the prompt type:

Chkdsk /f

Another is to create a bootable disk of the ERD commander demo. This also give you the ability to do a partial System Restore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users