Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Setting up a Master System II

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sn0zb0z

sn0zb0z

• Members
  • 253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 AM

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:59 AM

I want to set a Sega Master System II up on my TV, but I can't seem to get it to work.

The manual says to unplug the Antenna cable from the TV and into the RF switch box. Done that.

Then it says plug the switch box Antenna cable into the TV. Done.

Connect the RF cable between the RF switch box and the RF jack on the back of the power base. Done that too.

Then set the RF switch to "computer" position. Done. Tried it on TV too.

Also tried another cable with an RF connection on one end and that has the same connection as the Antenna cable on the other end. That goes from the Antenna connection on the power base into the console. Don't have any cable from the RF connection on top in that setup.

Tried auto retuning my TV to find it. It loses all digital/freeview channels and just has one blank analogue/ATV channel. If I press any other number it just comes up saying 1 again. Tried manually retuning channel 1 on analogue/ATV, but it doesn't find anything.

Console is plugged in and power is on. Cables are all plugged in correctly.

Are there any settings I need to change or something else I need to do? Is there anything I've done wrong?

TV is a Blaupunkt if it makes any difference. Couldn't get it to work on an LG either, but only tried the second setup and not the RF to RF cable setup. I don't care which TV is goes on so if you any more in-depth advice for one and not the other that's alright.

Any help/tips would be great.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 04 October 2014 - 09:15 PM

Hey... old Sega freak here. lol. So many years since I thought about this.

Plug the console directly into the RF port (on the TV), it is possible that slidey switch has deteriorated over the years.

I still have my original Sega System from 84, and still play it from time to time too. My little kids love it better than the PS3.

edit: yes I know it doesn't "go there", but it does.

Edited by TsVk!, 04 October 2014 - 10:01 PM.

#3 ClueOne

ClueOne

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 AM

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:52 PM

People still play Sega? I thought I was the only one lol

#4 auguske

auguske

• Members
  • 25 posts