Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrading the video card in a Lenovo PC

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Donnyten

Donnyten

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:25 AM

Greetings. I have a Lenovo M58 7626 Small form factor PC. It has a core 2 duo E7500 q45 chipset. The processor is 2.93 GHz in speed, and the ram is at 4 GB. I would like to game on this computer however, I suspect the onboard graphics to not meet the demand. Only option I see is a single low-profile PCI card slot which brings me to this question.. Is it at all possible to upgrade to a low-profile standard PCI gaming graphics card? Does one exist? If not, is there some type of external expansion that I can use that may accommodate a PCI express card or otherwise?

Edited by Donnyten, 24 June 2014 - 08:27 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,219 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:39 AM

There might still be a low profile PCI card around, but really PCI is so slow I doubt if you'd get any benefit over the onboard GMA4500. There certainly won't be any expansion option to PCIe - even single lane PCIe x1 is many times faster than the PCI slot can accomodate.

Edited by Platypus, 24 June 2014 - 08:40 AM.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 Donnyten

Donnyten
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:15 AM

Hello. Thanks for your response.

Is there any external GPU available? I read that such a device exists but for laptops that use the PCI card express slot

Edited by Donnyten, 24 June 2014 - 09:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users