Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Test post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 scotty_ncc1701

scotty_ncc1701

• Members
  • 520 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:50 AM

I'm having problems responding to http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538801/malware-bytes-scan-bad-image-errors-farbar-fix-list-help/?view=getnewpost (link from e-mail).  This is a test post.  If this posts OK, I'll contact Admin, if it doesn't, I'll contact Admin.

Yes I'm logged in, and yes, obviously, I have an edit box on the above link.

Edited by scotty_ncc1701, 24 June 2014 - 07:51 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:54 AM

And, yes it did post properly and others can read it

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 badr0b0t

badr0b0t

• Members
  • 328 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:03 AM

The way I was told, only BC assigned members are allowed to reply to virus/malware related issues.

Edited by badr0b0t, 24 June 2014 - 08:03 AM.

sig07.gif?psid=1

(Click sig to enlarge.)                                                    

#4 scotty_ncc1701

scotty_ncc1701
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 520 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:09 AM

Just finished sending one of the Admins (Grinler) a message about this.  Hopefully, Grinler and shed some light.

Basically:

1.  I tried to respond to a post, using the e-mail link, like I've done hundreds of time.  It took me to the post, where I pasted my response in, just like I've done hundreds of times (I prepare my posts in a text editor, then when satisified, past it in).
2.  I was logged on, had an edit/reply box (obviously), when I tried post my reply, it said I didn't have permission. Tried it again, same thing.
3.  Closed my browser, which deletes all cache, cookies, etc automatically.
4.  Signed in again, tried the same post, same reply, same results.
5.  Made the above test post, just fine.
6.  Notified Admin.

If you see this post, it was also prepared off-line first.

P.S.  I posted my steps here, so if another admin sees it, they also will know what's up, since Grinler right now is off-line.  See ya all later, time to mow! :ranting: :censored:

#5 scotty_ncc1701

scotty_ncc1701
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 520 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:16 AM

badr0b0t: If that is true, then Admin must have moved it, because it came through in the e-mail as '...in forum "Windows 7"'.  Now, I see that it says, "Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs".  I've responded to things in "Am I Infected..."

Admin... can you expand on it?

Edited by scotty_ncc1701, 24 June 2014 - 08:17 AM.

#6 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,301 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:44 PM

Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs

One of the last bastions of computer security warriors and healers. Bring your troubled PC here for top-of-the-line help with Malware Analysis and Removal by our trained professionals. This forum is only for those seeking aide with Malware removal. For security purposes, only authorized personnel may respond to requests for assistance.

The Virus, trojan etc. removal section is not an open forum on BC, only authorised members of the malware team are allowed to post in this section.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users