Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

pup.optional.PicEnhance.A

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dayle D

Dayle D

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:36 AM

Malwarebytes is telling me this Chrome Extension (is a potential threat, but I cannot find anything about "PicEnhance" in Google or Forum searches.  I have installed numerous extensions for later exploration.  Is

"pup.optional.PicEnhance.A" part of an HDR or other photo editing extension.  Malwarebytes won't let me update its database until I do something with this.  I suspect I can make it an exception, but thought I'd ask the experts first.  Malwarebytes log posted below.

Also, and I've asked before with no reply: I have been helped numerous times by this forum and would like to donate to the cause.  Where is the link to send money to BC.com???

Many THANKS!!!!!

>>>>>

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
www.malwarebytes.org

Scan Date: 6/22/2014
Scan Time: 7:49:40 AM
Logfile:
Administrator: Yes

Version: 2.00.2.1012
Malware Database: v2014.06.22.02
Rootkit Database: v2014.06.20.01
License: Premium
Malware Protection: Enabled
Malicious Website Protection: Enabled
Self-protection: Disabled

CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: Dayle

Scan Type: Threat Scan
Result: Completed
Objects Scanned: 398612
Time Elapsed: 14 min, 40 sec

Memory: Enabled
Startup: Enabled
Filesystem: Enabled
Archives: Enabled
Rootkits: Disabled
Heuristics: Enabled
PUP: Enabled
PUM: Enabled

Processes: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Modules: 0

Registry Keys: 0

Registry Values: 0

Registry Data: 0

Folders: 9
PUP.Optional.PicEnhance.A, C:\Users\Dayle\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\LBFEHKOINHHCKNNBDGNNMJHILADCGBOL, , [9fdbf883304b5bdbe4db4362946e9a66],
PUP.Optional.PicEnhance.A, C:\Users\Dayle\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\LBFEHKOINHHCKNNBDGNNMJHILADCGBOL\1.0.8_0, , [9fdbf883304b5bdbe4db4362946e9a66],
PUP.Optional.PicEnhance.A, C:\Users\Dayle\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\LBFEHKOINHHCKNNBDGNNMJHILADCGBOL\1.0.8_0\_locales, , [9fdbf883304b5bdbe4db4362946e9a66],
PUP.Optional.PicEnhance.A, C:\Users\Dayle\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\LBFEHKOINHHCKNNBDGNNMJHILADCGBOL\1.0.8_0\_locales\pl, , [9fdbf883304b5bdbe4db4362946e9a66],
PUP.Optional.PicEnhance.A, C:\Users\Dayle\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\LBFEHKOINHHCKNNBDGNNMJHILADCGBOL\1.0.8_0\_locales\pt_BR, , [9fdbf883304b5bdbe4db4362946e9a66],
PUP.Optional.PicEnhance.A, C:\Users\Dayle\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\LBFEHKOINHHCKNNBDGNNMJHILADCGBOL\1.0.8_0\_locales\ru, , [9fdbf883304b5bdbe4db4362946e9a66],
PUP.Optional.PicEnhance.A, C:\Users\Dayle\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\LBFEHKOINHHCKNNBDGNNMJHILADCGBOL\1.0.8_0\_locales\sv, , [9fdbf883304b5bdbe4db4362946e9a66],
PUP.Optional.PicEnhance.A, C:\Users\Dayle\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\LBFEHKOINHHCKNNBDGNNMJHILADCGBOL\1.0.8_0\_locales\zh_CN, , [9fdbf883304b5bdbe4db4362946e9a66],
PUP.Optional.PicEnhance.A, C:\Users\Dayle\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\LBFEHKOINHHCKNNBDGNNMJHILADCGBOL\1.0.8_0\_locales\zh_TW, , [9fdbf883304b5bdbe4db4362946e9a66],

Files: 0

Physical Sectors: 0

(end)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 38,957 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:17 AM

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.
  • Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.
  • Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.
IMPORTANT
  • If you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.
If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.
  • Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.
  • Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.
  • Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.
  • A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.
  • Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.
  • You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).
===

Download the correct version of this tool for your operating system.
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)
and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

===

Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.
To attach a file select the "More Reply Option" and follow the instructions.

Let me know what problem persists.

#3 Dayle D

Dayle D
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:07 AM

All seems to be well after restoring the quanantined files and running ADW and FB.

Please point me to the proper llink so I can make a donation to this site. I have found great help here several times.  Many thanks does not feel like enough!

#4 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 38,957 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:23 AM

My services are free.

Thanks.

#5 Dayle D

Dayle D
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:33 AM

Very good then.  I cwas aolmost sure I saw a a note for a link to donae to the cause of f keeping this site alive, but . . . and I really wanted to help . . . I guess I'll settle for free.  Thanks a bunch for making the group's knowledge and software available!!!

#6 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 38,957 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 01:05 PM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users