Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Should my brother exchange his laptop for a second time?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 signofzeta

signofzeta

• Members
  • 421 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:04 PM

First laptop.  Dead pixel.  I told him not to exchange it, but he insists on doing it as he notices the dead pixel, while I don't even notice it.

He exchanged it.

The second laptop has a dead pixel, and a loud fan.  This laptop is sealed and brand new.

Now what?  Should he exchange for a third one, or just keep the second one?  Now me, even if the first one had a dead pixel, that one was quiet.

Now from your experience, do you exchange your laptop for a new one if you see a dead pixel, or do you ignore it?  Is it hard to ignore a dead pixel?  How about a loud fan from a brand new laptop?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,442 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:40 AM

What make and model?  I don't know what the current standard is for dead pixel replacements as it varies by manufacturer.  If he's not happy and whoever he bought it from will exchange it go ahead.

I'd be upset with a dead pixel on a new laptop.  Ignoring it pretty much depends on where it is located.  The fan may be able to be adjusted with a BIOS setting.

#3 signofzeta

signofzeta
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 421 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:10 AM

Looks like he has no choice now.

Wow.  He got a 0xc0000185 BSOD error.

Third time's a charm, and if it is not, screw Acer, well that model anyway.  I don't really remember what the model as that computer isn't mine anyway.

You get what you pay for.

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,442 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:18 PM

You get what you pay for.
- That is the truth.

#5 signofzeta

signofzeta
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 421 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:26 PM

I hope my $1500 laptop doesn't bite the bullet.

I hope I didn't jynx it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users