Reply to 2nd message:
Re: Lycos. This is just what the link said it was (why I put it in quotes). In reality the two sites are from aws.amazon.com
Thanks for the info on getting rid of Chrome extensions.
Re Rkill Log:
Program started at: 06/24/2014 06:18:54 PM in x64 mode.
Windows Version: Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1
Checking for Windows services to stop:
* No malware services found to stop.
Checking for processes to terminate:
* No malware processes found to kill.
Checking Registry for malware related settings:
* No issues found in the Registry.
Resetting .EXE, .COM, & .BAT associations in the Windows Registry.
Performing miscellaneous checks:
* Windows Defender Disabled
"DisableAntiSpyware" = dword:00000001
Checking Windows Service Integrity:
* Windows Defender (WinDefend) is not Running.
Startup Type set to: Manual
Searching for Missing Digital Signatures:
* No issues found.
Checking HOSTS File:
* No issues found.
Program finished at: 06/24/2014 06:25:05 PM
Execution time: 0 hours(s), 6 minute(s), and 10 seconds(s)
Lycos search engine / And Email are still Very Active after about 10 years.
If you are not able to remove it try these links for reading and help
* How to Disable Extensions in Google Chrome - How to Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome
* How To Disable Individual Plug-ins in Google Chrome <- try only if the above does not work
Please download and run RKill by Grinler.
A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear.
This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
Please Copy / Paste the small log back here
Important: Do not reboot your computer until you complete the next step.
Download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
•Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
•Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator
• Click on the Scan button.
• AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
• When it's done you'll see: Pending: Uncheck any elements you don't want removed.
• Now click on the Report button... (only once) a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
• Look over the log especially under Files/Folders for any program you want to save.
• If there's a program you want to save, just uncheck it from AdwCleaner.
• If you're not sure, post the log for review.
• NOW : If you're ready to clean it all up.....click the Clean button. (only once)
• You must confirm several times with OK to clean and Reboot your system
• After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
• Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
• A copy of that logfile will also be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.
• Items that are deleted are moved to the Quarantine Folder: C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine
• To restore an item that has been deleted (if necessary):
• Go to Tools > Quarantine Manager > check what you want restored > now click on Restore.