Greetings and to BleepingComputer,
My name is xXToffeeXx, but feel free to call me Toffee if it is easier for you. I will be helping you with your malware problems.
A few points to cover before we start:
- Do not run any tools without being instructed to as this makes my job much harder in trying to figure out what you have done.
- Make sure to read my instructions fully before attempting a step.
- If you have problems or questions with any of the steps, feel free to ask me. I will be happy to answer any questions you have.
- Please follow the topic by clicking on the "Follow this topic" button, and make sure a tick is in the "receive notifications" and is set to "Instantly". Any replies should be made in this topic by clicking the "Reply to this topic" button.
- Important information in my posts will often be in bold, make sure to take note of these.
- I will attempt to reply as soon as possible, and normally within 24 hours of your reply. If this is not possible or I have a delay then I will let you know.
- I will bump a topic after 3 days of no activity, and then will give you another 2 days to reply before a topic is closed. If you need more time than this please let me know.
- Lets get going now
On a clean machine, please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to the flash drive.
Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system, download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
- Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.
- Boot the infected machine into Safemode with Command Prompt.
Once in the Command Prompt:
- In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
- The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
- Select "My Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
- In the command window type e:\frst (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press Enter
Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
- The tool will start to run.
- When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
- Press Scan button.
- It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your next reply.
To recap, in your next reply I would like to see the following. Make sure to copy & paste them unless I ask otherwise:
~If I am helping you and you have not had a reply from me in two days, please send me a PM~
ID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic] - If we have helped you out and you want to support what we do, you can do so here
~Twitter~ | ~Malware Analyst at Emsisoft~