Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP ~ CD drive, Library & Desktop Folders just disappeared.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sinamons2013

Sinamons2013

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:55 AM

•  I was burning a CD and my i tunes program stopped when I looked up it was blank, thousands of songs gone. The program was new like I had just downloaded it, when i tried to sign in it said my account never existed. Anyway to recover all that music?
  • I tried to burn a CD just a few minutes ago and it said "Disc Burner or Software not found" I went to start, under computer there is only Local Disc (C:) & Recovery (D:) my DVD/CD Rom drive is gone.
  • My Document folder in the Library has disappeared twice in the 5 days or so.  All  my files are gone, The sub folder "My Docs" has (C:) after it now.  None of the others do .Anyway to recover ?
  • Folders that I put on my Desktop randomly disappear.
  • A folder Titled "Print" keeps popping up on the Desktop, I delete it and it comes back. It has not re-appeared since this morning.
  • Shouldn't I run a program on my external hard drive to see if it's infected? I have saved folders on there I need to recover,

Someone from the  "Malware Response Team" has been assisting me most of the week. Today he told me to "Post a new Topic" it's not Malware???  Can anyone help me?Is it a Hijacker deleting and posting folders?  i'm not very good with computers

Thank You

# DelFix v10.7 - Logfile created 23/06/2014 at 05:53:02
# Updated 27/04/2014 by Xplode
# Username : Me - MINEMINEMINE
# Operating System : Windows 8  (64 bits)

~ Removing disinfection tools ...

Deleted : C:\FRST
Deleted : C:\AdwCleaner
Deleted : C:\Users\Donna\Downloads\FRST-OlderVersion
Deleted : C:\Users\Donna\Downloads\AdwCleaner.exe
Deleted : C:\Users\Donna\Downloads\dds.com
Deleted : C:\Users\Donna\Downloads\esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe
Deleted : C:\Users\Donna\Downloads\JRT.exe
Deleted : C:\Users\Donna\Downloads\HijackThis.exe
Deleted : C:\Users\Donna\Downloads\hijackthis.log
Deleted : C:\Users\Donna\Downloads\tdsskiller.zip
Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\AdwCleaner

~ Creating registry backup ... OK

~ Cleaning system restore ...

Deleted : RP #11 [Scheduled Checkpoint | 06/09/2014 05:14:49]
Deleted : RP #12 [Installed Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin | 06/10/2014 20:56:16]
Deleted : RP #13 [Removed Product Improvement Study for HP Officejet 4630 series | 06/13/2014 08:45:10]
Deleted : RP #14 [Configured Media Suite | 06/15/2014 10:04:49]
Deleted : RP #15 [Removed iTunes | 06/21/2014 04:45:19]

New restore point created !

########## - EOF - ##########

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:31 AM

If you have any remaining data you don't want to lose, back it up, then restore to factory settings using the instructions in your user guide.

When you've gotten your system back like you want it, I urge you to get yourself an external hard drive and a good 3rd party backup program. You can set it up to do everything automagically at the time and frequency of your choice. 1 TB external hard drives are about $60 these days and a really good FREE backup program is the Easeus Todo Backup Free.  That can save you a lot of time and frustration the next time something like this happens. Sooner or later it happens to all computers for one reason or another.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 Sinamons2013

Sinamons2013
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:18 AM

Most of my files are Backed up on an external Hard drive. How do I check the info on that to see if it's also infected? I need a lot of that info reloaded on my laptop. I've also erased this computer to Factory new 11 or 12  times in a year and a half. Always problems from the begining. Can Hijackers, trojans, malware hide in the partions so it would still be there? I'm so tired of wiping this thing and reloading. Any advice would be appreciated.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,363 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:32 PM

You should have asked Machiavelli about this while you were working with them.

What antivirus are you running?

Depending on which antivirus you are using you can right click on the external drive in Computer and the menu will have the option to scan the drive with your antivirus.

•  

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users