Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Started up computer and all my files have disappeared

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gorgontes

gorgontes

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:14 AM

I started my computer up this morning and went onto my user to find that my background picture had been reset to default and all my files have disappeared(though I can find them if I type in the search bar!). some of the program shortcuts still remain on my desktop but that is all

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:09 AM

Attempt a System Restore to before today.

If the Restore doesn't work, run your AV scans and report back.

#3 gorgontes

gorgontes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:57 AM

Everything fixed now I believe, I thought it would have been a more drawn out process than that, thanks!, I'll come back if anything else goes wrong!,

#4 Lakas

Lakas

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:09 AM

It probably loaded a temp profile. Restarting will usually fix the issue but if not you can back up and delete your user profile and it will remake itself the next time you log in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users