Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MacDonalds- Some facts.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 11,671 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:42 PM

-About one-third of Mexico's sesame seed crop is purchased by McDonald's for its buns and there are roughly 380 seeds on each one.
-McDonald's feeds 68 million people per day, that's about 1% of the world's population.
-McDonald's calls people who eat at their restaurant more than once a week "heavy users". Nutritionists say that McDonald's should not be visited more than once a week.
-McDonald's daily customer traffic is more than the population of Great Britain.
-When McDonald's was listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange in 1986, it set a record for opening-day trading volume of a non-Japanese company, with 615,750 shares changing hands.
-McDonald's' iconic golden arches are recognised by more people than the cross. A survey found that 88% could identify the arches and only 54 per cent could name the Christian cross.
-By one estimate, a mere 6% of the Big Mac's price comes from the cost of its ingredients - the rest of the price coming from labour costs, rent, utilities, packaging, etc.
-The Queen of England owns a retail park in Slough, which has a drive-thru McDonald's.
-McDonald's' $27 billion in revenue makes it the 90th-largest economy in the world.
-Today show weatherman Willard Scott was the first Ronald McDonald.
-The $8.7 billion in revenue from franchise stores alone, makes McDonald's richer than Mongolia.
-The Egg McMuffin was modelled on eggs Benedict.
-Ronald McDonald's shoes are size 29 EEE.
-The food from McDonald's is sweet, and this is not using the word sweet as a slang word like cool meaning something good or enjoyable. There are only nine foods on the McDonald's menu that do not have sugar in them.
-McDonald's hires around 1 million workers in the US every year. This estimate from Fast Food Nation assumes a 700,000 domestic workforce with 150% turnover rate.
-McDonald's fries can taste really good, especially when they are fresh. However, one of the reasons that they taste so good is that McDonald's coats their fries with sugar so they get a golden-brown colour when they are fried.
-McDonald's can be found in 119 countries and territories on 6 continents operating over 34,000 restaurants, employing more than 1.7 million people.
-The Happy Meal was first rolled out in 1979 and featured McDoodler stencils, McWrist Wallets, ID bracelets, spinning tops, and McDonaldland character erasers. St. Louis Regional Advertising Manager Dick Brams is credited with the Happy Meal concept, and is known as the "Father of the Happy Meal".
-McDonald's has 761,000 employees worldwide, more than the population of Luxembourg.
-With more than 85,000 people employed by McDonald's Australia, the company is one of the largest employers and trainers in the country.
-It has been found that children recognise the golden arches of a McDonald's before they learn to speak. McDonald's has to advertise like any business, so it is understandable that they want the restaurant to be recognised.
-There is a ski-through McDonald's in Sälen, Sweden.
-According to company estimates, one in every eight American workers has been employed by McDonald's.
-Worldwide, McDonald's sells more than 75 hamburgers every second.
-In Japan, Ronald McDonald is known as Donald McDonald because there is no "r" sound in Japanese.
-You would have to walk for seven hours straight to burn off a Super-Sized Coke, fries and Big Mac.
-The smallest McDonald's is also in Japan, in the Ginza district of Tokyo, measuring just 492 square feet. The largest is in Beijing, measuring 28,000 square feet and seating 700 customers.
-McDonald's is the world's largest distributor of toys, with one included in 20 percent of all sales.
-Well-known ex-McDonald's employees include George W. Bush's first chief of staff, Andrew Card, Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos, Robert Cornog, retired CEO of Snap-On Tools, astronaut Leroy Chiao, Jay Leno, Sharon Stone, Shania Twain, Jay Leno, Rachel McAdams and Pink.
-For the next three years, McDonald's is going to open one restaurant every day in China.
-If you visit a McDonald's and order a hamburger, you expect to get a beef patty on a bun with whatever other toppings come on the burger. However, in India, cows are sacred. This means that McDonald's does not use beef patties in India. Instead, burgers are made with mutton.
-With all the talk of dead-end "McJobs", McDonald's actually provides its employees comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, 401k matching, and offers workers a program called Mc$ave, a money market fund.
-The only place in the lower 48 that is more than 100 miles from a McDonald's is a barren plain in South Dakota.
-McDonald's represents 43% of total U.S. fast food market.
-Americans alone consume one billion pounds of beef at McDonald's in a year - five and a half million head of cattle.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:58 PM

Lol... I tried to give it to my kids twice, both times they out out the lettuce and rejected the rest.

#3 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• Topic Starter

• 11,671 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:21 PM

With more than 85,000 people employed by McDonald's Australia, the company is one of the largest employers and trainers in the country.

-With all the talk of dead-end "McJobs", McDonald's actually provides its employees comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental,

As funny as this sounds Mcdonalds trained managers are respected people in some industries, For teenagers saying that you were a assistant shift manager at Macca's in charge of 10 people looks great on a resume.

Edited by NickAu1, 22 June 2014 - 09:22 PM.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:41 PM

Yuck to McD's. I refuse to get anything from there.

The only time I go to McDonald's is to take my grand-daughter every once in a while when it is raining or cold outside. She gets her Happy Meal and burns energy at the Play Place inside.

#5 yu gnomi

yu gnomi

• Members
  • 532 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:37 PM

I don't normally post video links on here, but this one is simply too appropriate-

#6 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:00 AM

They put suger in the french fries,oh dear..my gf drags me into maccies sometimes,not healthy those steroid burgers....Lentil soup anyone?

#7 neilbuddy

neilbuddy

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:46 AM

I eat at Mcdonalds quite often.  I didn't know they put sugar on almost everything.    Kinda turns my stomach thinking about it...

#8 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:14 AM

If you want a good burger make it yourself at home. That's what I do since I detest fast food and restaurant burgers.

For burgers I season the beef the way I like it. Sometimes I cook them on the grill, other times I use my broiler pan in the oven. Grease drips down from the top of the broiler pan so it's not swimming in grease like it would be if I cooked it in pan on top of the stove.

Peel some taters and cut them the way you want. Drop them in some hot oil, cook for a few minutes, don't let them fry to the point of being done. Take them out, drain, and immediately dump them in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper or foil, drain the taters after taking them out of the cold water, layer on the cookie sheet. Place in freezer, let them freeze. When frozen, put the taters in a zip lock bag, put bag in freezer.

If you like seasoned fries, throw your choice of seasoning on them when you take them out to cook.

Having said that about fries I will say that I don't like fries.

#9 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:57 PM

I didn't know they put sugar on almost everything.    Kinda turns my stomach thinking about it...

The whole Mackies thing is designed,they put sugar in everything to appeal to the emotions..you have those fries and a milkshake and you kind of float out of the place in a sugar trance

..they paint it red cos their research shows that color makes people buy stuff, then they have the yellow cos they know that makes the mind busy and people wont hang around too much once they,ve chomped down the food.I could go on..prob better if i dont..its everywhere this kind of manipulative marketing..they think were mushrooms to be kept in the dark and fed,,well you know..

Queenevie,s right..home made..with water cress nd mustard..mmm.

#10 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• Topic Starter

• 11,671 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:00 PM

Being a insulin dependant diabetic ( born that way) that sort of food is not even on the radar let alone on the menu,  When I am allowed meat ( Wife and daughter are vegeterians, Unless its cooked on a grill I use 1 of these. The only reason we have sugary stuff in the house is in case we need it if I have a Hypo attack.

9pz1uw.jpg

Like Borat would say " Ina my country she is not a hamburger without beetroot".

vy8cy8.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users