Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I need help please, keeps looping back to startup repair

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Lisamarie35

Lisamarie35

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:40 PM

Hello I am hoping to get some help please. I have a HP mini 110, It seems I have tried everything possible but I am sure there could be more. I boot up the machine and it goes to startup repair and finds nothing, the only thing I can do from there is go to command prompt. I tried all the other options on there and it wont let me. I have no cd or dvd only I can use a thumb drive. It is windows 7. Also I ended up taking the hard drive out and connecting to another computer and got my files off, then I cleaned it real good and put it back together and ran windows defender offline and it came back with error code 0x8004cc01 and then restarted and went right back to system repair. Please help I don't know what to do now.

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 451 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:02 PM

If you are sure you have all your important files backed up and (hopefully you haven't destroyed the built in recovery partition press <F11> repeatedly immediately on boot up. This should take you into HP's Recovery partition. More Info and suggested reading here...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c01867418

Recovery from the startup screen (during system boot) will be the section most helpful since you cannot boot into windows.

#3 Lisamarie35

Lisamarie35
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:16 AM

I tried F11 as you said and it does nothing, it just loops back to the startup repair

#4 Lisamarie35

Lisamarie35
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:40 AM

Is there a way I can factory reset through the CMD? That is the only thing my computer will let me go to is the command prompt.

#5 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 451 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:30 PM

Here is another option that may be of help to you, provided that your system came from the factory with Windows 7

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01890478&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3979284&query=Mini%20110%201030CA&tool

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:49 PM

Startup Repair Infinite Boot Recovery.

Tekken

#7 Kirbyofdeath

Kirbyofdeath

• Members
  • 459 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:20 PM

You have a new thread here so please follow that thread and ignore this thread.

#8 Lisamarie35

Lisamarie35
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:40 PM

What does that mean?

#9 Kirbyofdeath

Kirbyofdeath

• Members
  • 459 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:18 PM

Well we would prefer if you keep your posts in one topic instead of multiple topics to avoid confusion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users