Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win Update Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gypsy2

gypsy2

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 PM

Posted 22 June 2014 - 04:43 PM

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538608/windows-7-updates-fail/ = Hamluis.

I am also having this problem. Windows Update lists over 20 updates that I should have but most fail on installation. I have run malware, spam and virus scans but no threats are reported. Tried Microsoft "resolutions" to no effect. Any fellow Bleepers got any ideas to resolve this. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks. John Hall.

Edited by hamluis, 22 June 2014 - 06:06 PM.
PM sent new OP- Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Willy22

Willy22

• Members
  • 945 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:38 PM

Try Tweaking's Windows Repair. Follow the instructions. Disable internet & antivirus. Tick under "Start Repairs" - at least - "Repair Windows Update". Perhaps you need to tick more/all boxes and run the program again.

#3 gypsy2

gypsy2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 PM

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:46 PM

Thanks very much. I'll give you suggestion a try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users