Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is the best IPS gaming monitor for me?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jordss

Jordss

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 22 June 2014 - 04:02 PM

I'm Just trying to find out what the best IPS monitor for me for gaming really is! I understand that IPS is not as good for gaming as TN Panels are but I would really like the colours and better picture quality. I am thinking about getting a IPS and TN panel and having the best of both worlds, but I am unsure yet, And if the IPS did everything I wanted well then I wouldn't need another one anyway!

I prefer the looks of Asus, Samsung and AOC so they are my preferred makes. Thin bezels would be best as I think they look much better. I would like to try find the best one that is good with gaming, Less ghosting, Faster, Less lag, Lowest response time etc.

I'm also wanting to connect my Xbox 360 Slim to the monitor so it would need to be able to work with that and play it well with as less ghosting, lag time and response time as I will be playing a lot of FPS and Racing games on there. I want the type where you cannot see reflections and light reflections as this would bug me! I'm trying to avoid this so called 'IPS Glow' And Backlight bleeding monitors as much as possible!

There is three monitors I have been looking at so far, But I would love to see what recommendations you can share with me.

The three monitors are as follows

AOC i2369Vm

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/desktop-pc-monitors/monitor-projectors/pc-monitors/aoc-i2369vm-full-hd-23-ips-led-monitor-with-mhl-21408588-pdt.html

Samsung LS24D690

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/desktop-pc-monitors/monitor-projectors/pc-monitors/samsung-ls24d590-full-hd-23-6-led-monitor-22070271-pdt.html

Asus MX239H

http://www.asus.com/uk/Monitors_Projectors/MX239H/

The Samsung one says that it 'Boasts a gaming mode which helps to make gaming even better on your PC' Which I was unsure about, But I cannot find any reviews on that one at all!

I would prefer 23'' or 24'' In 1920 x 1080. I don't know weather the 27'' Would be too big and I've read about and seen that 27'' Does not look as good in 1920 x 1080 as a 24'' Monitor does, And I don't see the point in getting more than 1920 x 1080 as my Xbox 360 cannot go above that. ( Feel free to recommend a 27'' but I doubt I would get one, At least until I have seen how big they are in the shops )

I hope you can help me find my perfect monitor, Sorry this is so long but I've been looking for a while now, And I never knew that the choice could be so hard!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoctor

SpywareDoctor

• Members
  • 256 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:08 PM

The ASUS MX239H is an excellent monitor for the money. B&H has it for $199 with free shipping.

Edited by SpywareDoctor, 22 June 2014 - 05:10 PM.

#3 Jordss

Jordss
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:54 AM

I am seriously considering the Asus MX239H. Does anyone here have any experience with this monitor and gaming? How bad is input lag? How bad is ghosting and blurring? Or are they not really notiable?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users