Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help choosing components!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 elixx

elixx

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:45 PM

I am going to be building a new computer and have some questions about the parts I am choosing:
CPU
Intel i7 4770
GPU
EVGA GTX 780 3GB Superclocked ACX
RAM
8gb Corsair Vengeance(2x4gb)

As you can see I have left out the motherboard as I am not really sure,this will be for gaming as well as some other things like photoshop,zbrush etc,and I want it to be good quality and be able to accomodate the high end parts.
With the gpu I was going for around the $500 ish area,have I made the right choice,also there is a possibility I may have to buy the gpu from the UK so take that into account.
I might be overclocking the cpu sometimes but not like crazy high.
I am also unsure about the power supply I might get,around what wattage do you think I need and which type would you recommend?
What motherboard will I choose and are the parts I have picked wise choices?
Thank You for tking the time to read this!

Edited by elixx, 22 June 2014 - 01:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,071 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 PM

Posted 22 June 2014 - 04:55 PM

You will need a "K" series processor if you want to clock it.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,168 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:27 PM

And with that in mind you might as well get the recently released i7-4790K rather than the 4770K - it has a substantially higher base clock, supposed better OC'ing capabilities and is not much more money.  And if you want a relatively high end motherboard to match these parts, the Asus Z97 Pro or Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H are a couple I'd consider.

Assuming you're fitting the usual couple of storage drives and aftermarket cooling, to give a good margin of safety I'd go for a 700w or above PSU.  Something like the Corsair RM750 would be a fair choice.

7sbvuf-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users