Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't boot windows 7 even from USB or DVD - virus?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 coffeee

coffeee

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:38 AM

I had a virus on my USB which I suspect has infected my PC, as it was running slowly. The anti virus didn't find anything, so 

I used MSCONFIG and checked "start in safe mode" (it wouldn't let me enter safe mode during startup using F8 or any other key)

Now it gets as far as the option to enter bios (which I can do), then it gives me a black screen with the number "0" in the bottom right corner

I have the windows installation DVD, created a boot USB by downloading windows 7 64 bit home premium and with using ISO software,(tested both on other computers, they work) - but no avail

I set the bios to boot from CD / DVD and USB first - it turns the lights on the CD drive and then the USB drive, but after a few moments goes back to the black screen with the "0".......

Hoping anyone can give me some insight in to what to do next?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,296 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:10 AM

Hello and Welcome,

The only thing I could find regarding a 0 at the bottom right of the screen related to Intel boards. Does your screen have a underscore after the 0?

https://communities.intel.com/thread/33972

https://communities.intel.com/thread/51103

Edited by JohnC_21, 22 June 2014 - 08:11 AM.

#3 coffeee

coffeee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:29 AM

Yes it has an underscore! I will look into this, thanks!

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,296 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:34 AM

Your Welcome

From looking through the threads, it looks like some kind of graphics card related issue. I assume this is a desktop, correct?

Edited by JohnC_21, 22 June 2014 - 08:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users