Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 shut downs exactly after 1 hour.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 LookBehind

LookBehind

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 22 June 2014 - 04:55 AM

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit and as I said in the topic, my computer is turning off after exactly 1 hour. I've tried reinstall Windows and it helped me for 2 weeks. After this time it started shutting off again.

Can someone help me with this problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 AM

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:25 AM

It sounds like you have something either in Task Scheduler or something in your startup list that's causing this.  First run MSCONFIG, click the Startup tab (Note: avoid the other tabs), and you'll see a list of things being started when you boot up.  You can uncheck anything there except you antivirus program.  If that doesn't stop the problem, you can run the Task Scheduler and look.  It's found under Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Task Scheduler.  There's a plethora of stuff there, so be careful!

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,007 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:26 PM

Did you reactivate Windows after reinstalling it?

Are you receiving any error messages?

Edited by dc3, 22 June 2014 - 12:29 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 LookBehind

LookBehind
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:01 AM

There wasn't anything suspicious in startup. But I discovered something in task scheduler named RacTask. I was waiting for next run time of RacTask and 20 seconds after run time of this task my computer just turned off.

And dc3. I've activated Windows and i don't recieve any error messages.

#5 LookBehind

LookBehind
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:22 AM

I've disabled RacTask and problem still occurs. You can see how I did it on photo below.

Link :

https://imageshack.com/i/nfa53op

#6 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 AM

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:29 AM

I have Rac task in my Task Scheduler (Windows 7 SP1, 64 bit Home Premium), and it's not causing me any problems.  According to the link I found, it does run hourly to collect reliability data.  If it's causing your a problem, you probably need to run SFC, Malwarebytes, and your antivirus.

Good luck.

Edited by wpgwpg, 23 June 2014 - 11:20 AM.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,830 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:48 AM

Since it's nonessential, I would just disable it, http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/3047.how-to-enable-and-disable-reliability-monitor-data-collection.aspx .

Louis

#8 LookBehind

LookBehind
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:02 PM

There isn't problem after Malwarebytes scan and SFC. Thanks for help.

Have a nice day. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users