Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

not sure whats wrong!!!! HELP!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ravage174

Ravage174

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:15 PM

Hi and thank you in advance.

I am running windows 7.

My bitdefender antivirus recently expired by about a day. I immediately bought downloaded and installed the 2014 version. Right away my computer was sluggish and would take about 10 minutes to boot up. It got better after a week but not by much. I also installed some vst plugins from trusted sites. I began receiving flash update notices, real player notices and DivX player notices. it wasn't annoying and I didn't have the time at the moment so I ignored them until today. I turned my CPU on and waited the 10-15 minutes to boot and when I came back the CPU was frozen on the desktop. I waited a few minutes to see if it would begin to function but nothing. I forced shut down and restarted, this time it wouldn't even get to the bios and the screen remained on standby. I forced it off again and restarted it again but this time it asked if I wanted to go the windows start repair r boot normally. I selected the repair tool and it started to load but then had a series of glitches numbers in code line scrolling up the screen. After about 3 minutes of watching this I forces it off again. I tried 3 more times to turn it on and it wont load anything on the screen. Did a virus do this or does it sound more like a hardware issue. Btw, when nothing showed on the scen the external hdd's still lit up but the internal ones Didn't sound like they were spinning

He who laughs last always wins

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,082 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:59 PM

I think it's hard/software, I moved this to WIN 7 from AII.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:37 PM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:15 PM

I don't think he can do that Hamluis... unbootable machine.

There are a few things that could be causing this problem, lets try system restore from install disk to an earlier time first.

If you don't have your Win 7 install disk you can download an image from here, and then create the disk with it. Be sure to choose the right bit rate for your installation.

TsVk!

#5 Ravage174

Ravage174
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:14 PM

So I don't know exactly what was wrong but all is fixed now. I think it was a heat/exhaust issue. I disconnected everything and cleaned out the casing and reconnected and all was fine. I used a bit defender rescue disk and I was able to boot into that before loading the OS and found no viruses. Checked a malware bytes run and nothing. Ran and updated my regular BD 2014 and nothing so since I did all these things it's been running fine. A little slow but fine. Read up on BD2014 and found that slow PC is a common issue due to safe pass or some feature like that.

#6 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:56 PM

That's great... thanks for updating your thread :thumbup2:

#7 Ravage174

Ravage174
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:15 PM

So its been a few weeks and it started to do the same thing again. Only this time it can't be a heat issue because I've moved it to a better place. I updated it last night which included a Java update. I'm thinking that this has something to do with it because the same thing happened last time when I updated Java.

#8 Ravage174

Ravage174
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:41 PM

I wonder. I had recently installed a hard drive in about April but I'm not sure if the power supply can handle it. Its works most of the time but I'm not sure why its so random that it wont start up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users