Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ethernet frames and HDLC frames

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 famicus

famicus

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:29 PM

Going through the early readings for my CCENT and read about these two protocols.

I noticed their behavior is very similar, but I think I see a difference between the two when you look at how routers handle the different frames...

It's the source (src) and destination (dst) of the frame. I think I'm seeing that Ethernet updates that info with the router's sending interface's (if's) IP for the new src, and the next hop's receiving if's address for the dst.

HDLC looks like it maintains the original src and dst from the very first frame sent; from end node to default gateway and so forth.

Can anyone confirm this?

..am i doing this right? <=D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users