Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pink Screen

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 HatCat

HatCat

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:10 PM

my screen seems to be polarized with some colors.  It all started with the ending of a sims 3 game.  Shut down screen is normal.  I have a HP Touchsmart 320-1020

Processor:  AMD Athlon 11X2 235e Processor 270 GHz   64 bit  I should add that not all screens are affected.  my browser screen (dogpile) does not seem to be affected.  Could this be a graphics card problem or would updating to windows 8 solve the issue.  :hysterical:  

Edited by HatCat, 21 June 2014 - 09:06 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 22 June 2014 - 04:03 PM

Hi,

I'd start with an update of the graphics card drivers. If you already have the latest version then maybe backing off a version and doing the update will fix it.

I would not recommend upgrading to W8 just to fix a 'minor' problem. AFTER you fix the graphics problem the update becomes a matter of personal preference.

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 Datcoolguy

Datcoolguy

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:53 PM

Could you expand further? What do you mean by "Polarized with some colors"? Could you possibly take a picture (not a screenshot) of the screen when it happens and upload it? You say it only happens when you close The Sims 3?

"If you don't understand how your computer works, you shouldn't be messing with it!"

#4 HatCat

HatCat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:55 PM

The whole issue started when I closed a sim 3 game.  Now everything seems to be polarlized.  I cleaned the registry and no good.  All the updates are current.  When I turn off the computer the shut down screen is normal. 

I am attempting to post a pic of the screen but it is not showing . 

Where the screen should be white it has a pinkish and greenish tint to it. 

#5 Kirbyofdeath

Kirbyofdeath

• Members
  • 459 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 PM

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:19 PM

Your gpu may be overloaded. Try a friends Graphics card to see if that works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users