Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 8 help

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 nat19

nat19

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:25 PM

I HAVE AN ASUS X552CL WITH WINDOWS 8 PRE INSTALLED BUT NOT ABLE TO USE THE RECOVERY OPTIONS IF I USE THE RESET OPTION I GET THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE DRIVE OR PORTION IS MISSING OR IF I USE THE REFRESH OPTION IT SAYS THE DRIVE WERE WINDOWS IS INSTALLED IS LOCKED CAN YOU HELP ME i am able to use the laptop.

i have even bought i recovery disk and it dident 

can someone help me please  i don't know if i even have the option of restoring my laptop 

any help would be appreciated 

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:36 PM

Try doing a System Restore.

Choose a restore point prior to your current issue.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 nat19

nat19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:41 PM

i did with no joy i dident have that option set up  i think all this happend when i upgraded to windows 8.1 from the store i lost the abilty to reset to factory setting 

Edited by nat19, 21 June 2014 - 02:42 PM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:22 PM

Go to Microsoft Support and click on Refresh your PC without affecting your files.  

Follow their instructions.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 nat19

nat19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:37 PM

this is were i run into problems i do that and when it starts the laptop resets its self and gose to the recovery mode  in f9 i click the refresh and it tells me that the the drive were windows is locked and just loads bk into desktop but as i said the reset dosent work eather dose the same thing but it says the drive or partion is missing which i dont understand becose if u look at the pic i uploaded it says that there is a recovery drive.

i will attach another pic 

Attached Files

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:29 AM

Look in the BIOS to see if the C: drive is the first device in the boot order.

#7 nat19

nat19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:58 PM

yes it is 

#8 nat19

nat19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:25 PM

just checked in  the bios and its windows boot manger (pro: hgst and is the only one in the list 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users