Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bluetooth speaker paired but NO SOUND and does not appear in playback devices.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mateo32

Mateo32

• Banned Spammer
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:12 PM

Ok so i bought the new Harmon Kardon-Onyx Studio model of bluetooth speaker and I want it to play via my laptop. I'm using a Gateway P6831fx laptop with windows vista 32 bit OS.

The speaker is recognised by my laptop and is "paired"  and appears if I select the "show bluetooth devices" option.

The problem is I have no sound and cannot figure out how to make this thing play via my laptop...????

If I go to the bottom right hand side and right click on the volume icon, then go to playback devices the bluetooth speaker does not appear.

I tried to update my bluetooth driver and it appears that is is current and does not need to be updated.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:16 PM

You might try the Inland bluetooth adapter.  That's what I'm using with my bluetooth speaker & it's working fine on my Windows 7 laptop.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 Mateo32

Mateo32
  • Topic Starter

• Banned Spammer
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:35 PM

You might try the Inland bluetooth adapter.  That's what I'm using with my bluetooth speaker & it's working fine on my Windows 7 laptop.

Good luck.

Well I will probably just try that, seems I shouldnt have to do that but....oh well...Thanks.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,628 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 AM

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:22 PM

Right click on the speaker icon in the system tray, select playback devices. In the playback device window right click and check both Show disabled and disconnected devices. Does anything related to bluetooth show?

Edited by JohnC_21, 21 June 2014 - 01:23 PM.

#5 Mateo32

Mateo32
  • Topic Starter

• Banned Spammer
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:33 PM

Right click on the speaker icon in the system tray, select playback devices. In the playback device window right click and check both Show disabled and disconnected devices. Does anything related to bluetooth show?

Yes I did that and nothing else appeared.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,628 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:07 PM

Maybe someone on the board can confirm if Bluetooth is backward compatible. From Wiki you can see the different versions used. Click on the bluetooth device in Device Manager and select Properties. Under the details tab select Hardware ID's in the dropdown box. Copy and Paste the first line in your next post. There may be an updated driver by the bluetooth device manufacturer.

#7 Mateo32

Mateo32
  • Topic Starter

• Banned Spammer
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:46 PM

Ok so I just bought a rocketfish bluetooth adaptor, works great. Thanks to those of you who commented here.

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,628 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:45 PM

Thanks for posting the resolution to your problem. I was wondering, did you purchase the micro or standard size version?

#9 Mateo32

Mateo32
  • Topic Starter

• Banned Spammer
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:49 PM

Thanks for posting the resolution to your problem. I was wondering, did you purchase the micro or standard size version?

I got the Rocketfish Micro Bluetooth Adaptor from Best Buy for about 20 bucks. Works well but it takes up one of my usb ports so I also bought a 4 hub usb.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users