Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop won't load web pages

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sinine

sinine

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:32 AM

A few days ago my laptop started acting weird. It stops loading website pages. When I close the browser (Firefox) then it won't even open it anymore. I have to restart my computer to get it working again. IE stops working aswell.

I have to restart after every half an hour or so if I'm using the internet.

I have Avast virus thingy and when I scanned with that it came out clear.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:22 PM

I'd suggest several things.  First I'd run SFC.  Click Start and type CMD in the search box, then right-click CMD.EXE and click Run as administrator.  From the command prompt type sfc /scannow.  This will check for and attempt repair of any corrupt system files.  Then download, install, update, and scan with Malwarebytes.  Click the quarantine all button when it finishes.

If you're still having problems, try doing a System Restore to before the problem started.

Also you could try the Chrome browser, but if IE and Firefox are both failing, it sounds like you have Windows system problems.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 sinine

sinine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:25 PM

The first thing sounds too complicated and I cannot do the third thing so I just downloaded Malwarebytes and hope it'll do the trick.

#4 scotty_ncc1701

scotty_ncc1701

• Members
  • 520 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:12 PM

A few days ago my laptop started acting weird. It stops loading website pages. When I close the browser (Firefox) then it won't even open it anymore. I have to restart my computer to get it working again. IE stops working aswell.

I have to restart after every half an hour or so if I'm using the internet.

I have Avast virus thingy and when I scanned with that it came out clear.

Firefox:  Sometimes it won't clear from memory.  Open the task manager, and terminate it. Sometimes there will be multiple copies, if you tried to restart it.  This has happened with me before.

Internet Explorer:  Same as firefox.

Best of luck.

#5 sinine

sinine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:15 PM

Okay, I guess the Malwarebytes helped. No jinx now! Thanks. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users