Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 8.1 function and volume buttons

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jonhut

jonhut

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:02 AM

I recently updated to windows 8.1on my pavilion laptop (was forced to actualy) and since am having a lot of problems. The one that's driving me nuts currently is that my volume buttons and other function buttons are intermitantly not working. any advice would be much apreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:08 AM

Try running SFC.  From the Search charm type CMD, then right-click CMD.EXE and click Run as administrator.  From the command prompt type sfc /scannow.  If that doesn't fix it, download, install, and get Malwarebytes up to date, then do a scan with it.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 jonhut

jonhut
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:42 AM

Thanks wpgwpg, I am running sfc now.    I have already run Malwarebytes and it found some stuff.  That is another thing. before I upgraded, I rarely found problems when I scanned with malwarebytes. Now it finds multiple problems every time I scan.

#4 jonhut

jonhut
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:27 AM

I ran sfc. It said it found corrupt files but was not able to fix some of them.  Not sure what to do next.

#5 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:36 PM

SFC creates a log that will tell what the files are that it can't fix.  It's in C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.  Copy CBS.log to a different folder, then double-click to open it, then copy and paste it into a reply here.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users