Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Dell inspiron N5050 won't turn on. please help me with this

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sudheer123

sudheer123

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:10 AM

my dell inspiron n 5050 won't turn on. as i am a laptop technician(not very professional, but have some chip level knowledge), i tried by removing all power sources like battery, adaptor, cmos and draind residual power by holding power button for 20 seconds. then it's on, but within few seconds it will turn off. if again drain the residual power, then it will on and turn's off with in seconds. but one more thing is, if i install cmos batterry the mother board won't turn on even i drain the residual power, that draining residual power method works without the comos only. tried this somany times and same thing happend again and again . i noticed each time that is not turning off in exact time , but different, different timing. i am suspecting that could be bios problem but i didn't tried that, as i don't have bios programmer. i tried changing I/O controller, but the lappy condition is same. please some one help me with this

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:12 AM

How old is this laptop?  It might be time to buy another one because this sounds like a motherboard problem to me.  :dance:

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:05 AM

Remove all of the ram and try to power it on, do you get any post fault beep code?

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users