Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Drivers

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 Duckie_92

Duckie_92

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:05 AM

So i have drivers missing and trying to find the ones i need. I cant connect to the internet there is like a yello little triangle sign on the ethernet port nd a few others but i cant find where to download them or what to do about it. I have a HP Dm4 running Windows 7 home premium.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,047 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:30 AM

G'day Duckie_92, and :welcome: to BC.

Right click on the 'yellow triangled items" and select "update device driver". Then reboot if prompted to do so.

Windows should install the drivers for you.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 Duckie_92

Duckie_92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:35 AM

Thankz nd okay i'll do that now. FINALLY someone helps me ive been to like 4 diffrent forums lol

#4 Duckie_92

Duckie_92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:37 AM

Okay to understand my problem more i had to reinstall windows nd all my drivers got deleted. So if i right click on a driver it wont let me do anything. What happened was my computer would shut off randomly like the battery died but then it told me to put a recovery disc which i made one nd restarted my whole computer some how nd now its on Windows xxp when it says windows 7 pack 1 nd i got it to sorta look like how its suppose too nd got a few drivers bck that are missing frm HP website. Also when i check the drivers im missing Ethernet Controller, Network Controller, PCI Device, PCI Simple Communications Controller, SM Bus Controller and Unknown Device. When i try and fix them it says for the Ethernet one " The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) There is no driver selected for the device information set or element." 

Edited by Duckie_92, 21 June 2014 - 02:54 AM.

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,047 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:02 AM

Have you rebooted the laptop ?

If not....do so now

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#6 Duckie_92

Duckie_92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:15 AM

Yeah i have.

#7 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,047 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:18 AM

Tell me more about this   " but then it told me to put a recovery disc which i made one nd restarted my whole computer some how nd now its on Windows xxp when it says windows 7 pack 1 nd i got it to sorta look like how its suppose too "

....where did the recovery disc come from ?

was it downloaded from an online site?

GcnI1aH.jpg

#8 Duckie_92

Duckie_92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:23 AM

Yeah i downloaded it online. Its Windows 7 Home Premium service pack 1 and i set it up and everything but when it would load it would look all big and like windows xp but it booted up like Windows 7 nd even said Windows 7 but everything was xp looking.

#9 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,047 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:32 AM

Do you still have the link to where you downloaded it from ?

Post it here if you do please.

GcnI1aH.jpg

#10 Duckie_92

Duckie_92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:44 AM

Yeah let me just look it up in the history on my mom's laptop. I think it was on an HP forum

#11 Duckie_92

Duckie_92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:48 AM

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/windows-7-home-premium-64bit-iso-download/709dcc12-d120-435d-91cd-52e1dd0f4c24

#12 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,047 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:55 AM

Go HERE

Follow the prompts

GcnI1aH.jpg

#13 Duckie_92

Duckie_92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:01 AM

Okay now what? I cant press scan now though nd i tried to download most of those drivers for my laptop /: Because most installations i did it would give me an error.

Edited by Duckie_92, 21 June 2014 - 04:03 AM.

#14 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,047 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:09 AM

why cant you click on "find now " ?

Did you enter your product number in the "Find my product" box ??

GcnI1aH.jpg

#15 Duckie_92

Duckie_92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:10 AM

Yeah i did but i dnt have internet on my laptop to do it unless it will let me without being on the internet bc im on my mom's laptop not mine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users