Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wifi stopped working

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NotVeryTechie

NotVeryTechie

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:49 PM

Hi there

I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro A200GE - 26Q Laptop running Vista Home Premium. The wireless has worked perfectly until last night, when it suddenly stopped working. I restarted and it worked. Then tonight it did the same and restarting didn't help. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the driver. Nothing is working. I know the wireless modem is fine as my housemate is using the wi-fi and there is no problem at all. I don't have a cable.

I hope someone can help. I am typing this on a borrowed notebook, but will have to return this soon. I would like to get this fixed before then.

Thanks so much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,961 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:53 PM

This sounds like a problem with the wi-fi unit inside the laptop. It is possible, it it is a separate card, for the card to become dislodged from its mounting or for it just to fail. If you check the specs for your laptop carefully you should be able to find out what sort of wi-fi card it uses - on-board or plug-in. If it is the latter, check the mounting.

If it isn't the mounting and it is not economic to replace it with a Toshiba component, then try an external USB wi-fi dongle. They are available quite cheaply and work well. I have an elderly Toshiba here and its internal wi-fi unit hasn't worked since the laptop was about three years old.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users