Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Word Starter Excel missing some gridlines

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bjclark

bjclark

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 PM

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:41 AM

Hi all
I am trying to create a Excel document with Office Starter. However, some of the gridlines disappeared as I was working on it. Note: only some of them. I want to be able to print the gridlines, but they are still missing in print preview. Nothing I have tried has brought it back. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:50 AM

Have you considered the free LibreOffice?  It contains a pretty much compatible version of Office and it's free.  Of course you could spend $150 or so and buy something like the Home and Student version of Office too.  

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,442 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:25 PM

If you turn grid lines off and then back on does the problem get resolved?

Edit: Have you rebooted the computer and then tried opening Excel with gridlines?

Edited by JohnC_21, 20 June 2014 - 12:26 PM.

#4 bjclark

bjclark
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:43 PM

Hi John

Thanks for your reply.  I tried what you suggested but it didn't help.  However, Mike at the Computer.net forum directed me to a site that helped.  It said to highlight the whole document, then go to the Font section, click on Borders, and click on All borders.  The gridlines magically appeared.   

Edited by bjclark, 20 June 2014 - 07:52 PM.

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,442 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:21 PM

Thank you for taking the time to provide the solution. I am sure it will help other people with the same problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users