Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Skype Malware infected or just a copy-cat adware?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 drwmbt

drwmbt

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:43 AM

Hey guys, I am having this what i believe is the "Foodbuzz" adware which pops up skype like ads that try to get you to click on "Tenderloin Recipes" and things of that nature.

Well, i've been trying everything to remove it manually and w/ software help (JRT, Rkill, EEK, etc.) and i havent licked it thus far, so im curious is this its own adware, or is it some how infected and manipulated skype into popping up ads of its decision?

2u59fkn.jpg

Edited by hamluis, 20 June 2014 - 11:09 AM.
Moved from Gen Security to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:00 AM

Have you tried Malwarebytes?  It's free and works very well.  You didn't say which browser you're using, but I find Adblock Plus to be a very helpful add-on with Firefox.  You should also check your browser's add-ons (extensions w/Chrome).

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users