Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network adapter yellow exclamation point

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RyaanD

RyaanD

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:00 AM

I lost my internet connection 1 week ago, and i found this, Please help

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:30 AM

Right click on all of the network adapters with the ! point and then click uninstall. DO NOT select delete the driver, just uninstall. After uninstalling all of them, restart the computer. It should automatically re-install, it may take a minute or 2, then try to connect to the internet again. THIS WILL delete your current stored network information so you will need to re-enter your wireless password if you have a secured network. If this does not work, Connect the computer to your router by ethernet cable, go to the manufacturer's website and download the latest driver for the wireless adapter, install the driver, restart again, unplug your ethernet cord and re-test the wireless connection.

If you still can not connect, uninstall any anti-virus software you have installed (make sure you can re-install it first before removing), restart and restest again.

Edited by zingo156, 20 June 2014 - 07:33 AM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#3 RyaanD

RyaanD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:08 AM

Why after i uninstall it did not reinstall? please help

#4 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:15 AM

You may have to go into device manager and click the search for new hardware button. Sometimes it can take a while for the computer to recognize the hardware and then a few more minutes to re-install. It is also possible that the driver that was installed has a problem, or the hardware itself is not working. If it doesn't automatically re-install, you will need to go to the computer manufacturer's website and download the driver and then re-install. After clicking scan for new hardware, does anything new appear in device manager under network adapters? If the wireless adapter is not listed there, the computer does not see the wireless card and thus it is likely the card has a problem.

Edited by zingo156, 20 June 2014 - 08:16 AM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#5 RyaanD

RyaanD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:40 AM

I cannot find the ''Search for a new hadware'' button, or Add new hardware?

#6 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:52 AM

Open device manager, click on "Action" which is to the right of "File" (These are near the top left corner of the window) then click "scan for hardware changes".  Click the little arrow to expand the network adapters list and see if the wireless card appears there or if there are any devices with a yellow mark in the device manager.

Edited by zingo156, 20 June 2014 - 08:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users