I was able to get the help I needed with Cox cable. I wanted to post it, just in case it could be helpful to someone else. I followed the directions below and the email came up right away.
1. Click on Tools > Internet Options.
2. A dialog box will appear. Click on the "General" tab, then on [DELETE COOKIES] AND [DELETE FILES].
3. Click on the "Security" tab, and click on [DEFAULT LEVEL].
4. Click on the "Privacy" tab, then on [DEFAULT].
5. Click on the "Programs" tab, then on [RESET WEB SETTINGS].
6. Click on the "Advanced" tab, then on [RESTORE DEFAULTS].
7. Click [APPLY], then [OK] to return to Internet Explorer main window.
8. Close Internet Explorer.
You might also need to clear the DNS (Domain Name System) values to avoid having possibly wrong Web addresses that will deter your browser from accessing certain Web sites. The following procedure can only be done if you have Windows XP, 2000 or Server 2003:
1. Click on Start > Run.
2. A new window will appear. Type "command" and strike [ENTER].
3. Type "ipconfig /flushdns" (between the "g" and the "/", there is one blank space), and press [ENTER].
4. For the new changes to take effect, please perform a soft network reset.
To perform a soft reset correctly, you need to do so in the following order:
1. Turn off the computer.
2. Turn off the router.
3. Turn off the cable modem.
4. Wait 30 seconds.
5. Turn on the cable modem.
6. Turn on the router.
7. Turn on the computer.