Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hp All-in-one

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 luvbug

luvbug

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 27 May 2006 - 07:41 PM

I have a HP psc 1100/1200 series all-in-one Printer Copier Scanner.

When I try to email a picture through the HP Photo and Imaging Gallery, it gives me this message:

hpqca has encountered a problem and needs to close.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times.

Can someone tell me what I need to do so I can email pictures?

Thank you .

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 AM

Posted 27 May 2006 - 09:01 PM

Hi luvbug!

I am not totally familiar with that software, except to say that HP software is sometimes buggy on certain computers. :thumbsup:

Let me see if I understand exactly what you are asking. Are you saying that you scan a photo with your HP all in one, and then send the scan to HP Photo and Imaging Gallery software? Then what? Do you open your email software (and it might be helpful to know what email software you are using) and then try to attach a photo on your email from there? Or is there a different method you are trying.

So, please explain a little more for me just what you attempting to do, and also what email software you are using. Thanks!
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 luvbug

luvbug
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2006 - 09:22 PM

Yes.....I click on the picture I want to send then click on Send E-mail.....then it will give me the hpqca has encountered a problem and needs to close message.

And also my printer icon at the bottom of my screen has the exclamation mark in a yellow triangle on it and when I click on it, it says Disconnected.

I never had this trouble when it was on my Compaq......I now have a Dell and it doesnt seem to want to work.

Thanks for your help.

#4 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2006 - 07:36 AM

Well, luvbug, like I said in my earlier post, sometimes HP software doesn't work right, and in this case apparently HP knows it and offers no fix to the software. Instead they offer a work around of sorts. See THIS.

Of course you can use their work around, or when you save a scanned photo just save it to a folder that you can create somewhere convenient, such as in My Documents. Then while writing an email attach the photo using your email software. This will totally bypass the HP software you were using.

I never had this trouble when it was on my Compaq......I now have a Dell and it doesnt seem to want to work

I don't think the issue is related to the brand of computer, but perhaps it is related to how updated your installation of Windows is. HP blames the problem with Service Pack 2 (SP2) being installed on your computer. So, perhaps you have SP2 on the Dell, but didn't on the Compaq. If you care to check go to:
Start > right click on My Computer > Properties
There you can see what version of Windows you have installed, and if you have any Service Packs installed or not, as it should be listed right under the version.

SP2 is important to the security of your computer. If this computer is on the internet at all, then SP2 is highly recommended. So, I would find a work around for the faulty HP software.

Hope that helps!

Edited by Albert Frankenstein, 28 May 2006 - 07:42 AM.

ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

#5 luvbug

luvbug
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2006 - 01:43 PM

Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it.

I am going to bypass HP......I think that would be much simplier.

I do have SP2....I bought my Dell new...it came with XP.

Once again....Thank you.

#6 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2006 - 02:32 PM

Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it.

You are welcome!
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users