Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't log into Win7

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Menessis

Menessis

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:37 PM

My Win7 64 is acting up. 

Yesterday I had trouble logging in.  After many attempts and finally getting in I found that the keyboard was screwing up. I would not type an "i".  And there is an "i" in my passord.  OK I changed the password to something else without an "i" just incase right.  I tried unplugging the keyboard, didn't fix it.  It would generate key combinations like ALT c with some key presses too.  I would type a letter and a menu would open.  I am not sure If i logged back in with the new password or not but I think I did.

Then today i dig out an old keyboard and make the swap.  Then I boot up and can't get past the password.  I type it in a few times but no luck.

I can switch to the other non passworded account and it works fine, pc and backup keyboard.  So now what?  Did I miss spell my password when I changed it? Or is something else going on here? 

I also just swapped back to the original keyboard while in this account and still does the same errors.  So I am assuming that there is a problem with the keyboard.  But don't know what to do about that password problem???

Heeeeeeellllllllllllpppppppppppppppppp!

Menessis

Edited by Menessis, 19 June 2014 - 08:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Menessis

Menessis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:01 PM

Figured it out.  I had changed the pass word wth a keyboard that didn't work right.  So who knows what it was sending as a pass word.  I switched back to the old non working key board and got in first try.  Had to swap key boards again to retype the mystery password and then again to change the password to my original.

This has been a stressful evening.

Menessis

#3 badr0b0t

badr0b0t

• Members
  • 328 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:23 PM

I never use a password. I am the only PC user at home. Never had to deal with the kind of problem you just had. Good to know you sorted it out. Type your password in notepad to see what character your keyboard is actually sending. Once you know the exact password, then you can switch to a better keyboard.

Edited by badr0b0t, 19 June 2014 - 10:24 PM.

sig07.gif?psid=1

(Click sig to enlarge.)                                                    

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users