Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Window 8 small dots keep spinning can't access computer

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 computer dumb

computer dumb

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:25 PM

Hi there

I'm wondering if somebody can help me. I've got samsung touch screen computer and running window 8. I switch on my computer this morning and it just a screen with spinning dots saying Please Wait. It's been on for about 8 hours and still doing the spinning. I shut it down and unplug the computer for an hour and switch it on and still doing it. HELP I COULD NOT GET IN MY COMPUTER. The only thing I cud do is just moving the curser around and that's it. 😭😔

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:44 AM

Welcome,

Do you have the installation CD? Have you tried booting from it and using the startup repair utility to correct the problem?

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 computer dumb

computer dumb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:05 AM

Hi Dick E

Thank u for responding, unfortunately I haven't got installation CD. I bought my computer with ready installed window. Can I buy an installation CD.? I'm not really a techky person. And as well it doesn't help being an old women as well . Will u be able to show me step by step on how to boot using start up repair. I tried switching it on and pressing F8 and still showing the spinning dot with PLEASE WAIT. I even try. Pressing Ctrl-F8 but still no joy at all. Please help. Iam really getting frustrated.

#4 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:38 PM

Hi,

Do an Internet search for the best price you can find on a copy either windows 7 or windows 8. The choice is yours. The price of windows 7 might be less than windows 8. Also, please purchase only from a vendor you trust.

Being an old woman isn't a problem, unless you won't trust an old man to try to assist you :)

If I can't do the job correctly I'm sure that one of the other knowledgable regulars here will be able to do a great job of walking you through the process.

Dick E

#5 computer dumb

computer dumb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:01 AM

Hi

Thank u again for responding and much appreciated. Will try to have a look around for cheap window 7 and will keep u on post if my computer is up and running. Thank u again

#6 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:00 AM

You can make a repair drive on another Windows 8 computer that's 64 or 32 bit the same as yours.  Go to the Recovery applet of the Control Panel, and you can make the drive.  If the computer has all the latest maintenance, you'll make it on a flash drive.  Be aware that this will erase whatever was on the drive.  This won't cost you anything if you have a flash drive you can use.  If you don't have a flash drive, you can buy one at computer stores for as little as $4.  That's a whole lot cheaper than a Windows install disc!  :bananas:

Good luck.

Edited by wpgwpg, 21 June 2014 - 09:04 AM.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#7 computer dumb

computer dumb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:01 PM

Hi all

Just to update you all that I manage to get in to my computer now hooray. I rang the samsung technical support and taught me how to recover my window 8. And guess what! its just by pressing the F4 key and then wallah im in the recovery system ( switch on the power and then keep pressing the F4) So now I'm up and running now. Thank u all for responding to my issues. Talk to you all again

#8 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:33 PM

Excellent, all is well and I'm happy :clapping:

Stay well and surf safe :cool:

We'll be here when you need us :wizard: