Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Build Guide for People [w/Components]

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 TheWorldForgotten

TheWorldForgotten

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:03 PM

Banner.png
 If you like my work, please help spread the word, as I am rather confident that my content is more or less the sharpest out there in terms of value.

Corsair_Carbide_200_R.png
Budget Gamer (675$)

Design_define_r4.png
Premium Gamer (1100$)

Spoiler

Other components worth considering: Hard drives for extra storage. Some people have hard drives they can transfer from their older computers, while some only need the 250GB SSD. If you don't belong in one of those categories, you want to buy additional storage through a HDD. The best value drives are 3TB (3000GB), going for roughly 100 dollars. Also, while most of us never use it anymore, there are a few people who still needs a CD / DVD drive. These are largely inexpensive, and can be found for 15-20 dollars.

Q: Why are there only two builds? What about home theatres, professional rendering machines etc.?
A: Matter of fact is, the only practical reason to have a consumer desktop build these days, is superior game performance. For a HTPC (PC only used to watch movies etc. as a media center), any laptop would suffice. If you do not want a laptop, the easiest and cheapest method is going with Intel NUC. Regardless, building a full-size desktop machine with that purpose in mind, in my opinion, is a waste of time.

For professional enterprises working with media rendering, my suggestions likewise fall for deaf ears. The reason behind that, is because while recommending a 1000$ CPU might not be worth it to a consumer, it is worth it for a corporation if it allows them to earn 1100$ more a year because of that CPU. Value, in other words, largely depends on profit from the business itself. :)

Best PC Building Guide:

Edited by TheWorldForgotten, 19 June 2014 - 02:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users