Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wmp Pop-up Notification,any Ideas?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 graveangel

graveangel

• Members
  • 399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 27 May 2006 - 06:54 PM

Hello all my Anti-Malware Buddies,I hope all is well with you!

Im in the need of some advice over an issue ive not seen before regarding WMP.
Ive just loaded up Windows Media Player and everytime i try to shut it down i get this message and the only way to close it without accepting it is to do a ctrl+alt+delete.I have not accepted it yet as i have not got a clue what it is,i usually use Real player.

This is what it says:

Manage Licenses

You have aquired a new license for protected content.

It is recommended that you back up your licenses in case your original
licenses are ever damaged.

Do you want to back up your licenses now?

It then gives you a yes or no option. Ive not seen this before so if anyone actually knows what it is i would be greatful for your advice.

Stay happy :thumbsup:

Edited by graveangel, 27 May 2006 - 07:21 PM.

....And on the 8th day God said, "When my children are intelligent, and create the Computer, for my sake may they never screw around with the registry or subscribe to AOL"Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 27 May 2006 - 11:28 PM

assuming you run XP, if it looks like this it should be legit..

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...ct3_how_to.aspx
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 graveangel

graveangel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 28 May 2006 - 10:08 AM

Thanks boopme. The layout of the boxes is the same so yeah,they do look similar. Just that i have never seen this before since ive had my pc,so i just wanted to make sure
Thanks again! :thumbsup:
....And on the 8th day God said, "When my children are intelligent, and create the Computer, for my sake may they never screw around with the registry or subscribe to AOL"Posted Image

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 28 May 2006 - 08:27 PM

Your Welcome...
As the article said, some thig just becme corrupted and it is wise to have them in order and backed up. Since it'san automayed Msft operation ,just follow the steps.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users