Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Black Screen with curser HELP

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JCH1992

JCH1992

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:52 AM

Hi all.

I have got myself into a real stress with this Dell inspiron 1545.

I will start from the begining

My GF stood on her laptop and broke the screen, No problems easy to replace done that.

After replacment of the screen booted up first time no problems.

Gave it back to the GF who booted it up went and made some tea and came back to find a black screen with just a cursor.

Tired to boot into all safe modes same problem! I guessed video driver?

I have tried to use system restore, comes up with "the instruction at 0x743d29e7 referenced memory at 0x0058d1f5. The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the progame" So im guessing the HDD is corrupt?

I have tried using start up repair but it could not detect a problem.

I have no idea what to do now she doesnt have a recovry disk (quite sure I put windows 7 on but not 100% sure)

any ideas would be much appresiated

Thanks

James

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:46 AM

It could mean the hard drive or RAM has failed or is failing. More than the screen may have been damaged when she stood on it. You may have to run some Dell hardware diagnostics tools: http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Home/Index/HardDrive.

#3 JCH1992

JCH1992
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:08 AM

Tired that all came back fine!

I all of the permisions seem to be incorrect, I booted a Puppy Linux CD but unfortunutly I cant accsess the HDD as it says its corrupt.

Im guessing the HDD has had better days or she has managed to get a virus that has corrupted it!

Going to re-format the HDD and clean install windows 7

Thanks for your help though bud!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users