Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Advice about gaming pc

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 decsjr

decsjr

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 PM

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:55 AM

Hey

I would not say I am hugely literate when it comes to knowing all the specs on a PC and their standards.

But seen as I have been a console gamer mostly, I am looking to buy a stock pc.

I am looking at a lot of travel, so it would greatly prefered if it where small.

Tough ask I know especially cause I want it to be able to play some of the main stream title (triple A's) 

The one that caught my eye was the  xi3 piston : http://www.xi3.com/piston , however i have read some mixed reviews.

I was wondering if any of you knew whether or not their marketing is to be trusted or if there is something else out there that is similiar,

but with maybe a better graphics card.

Thanks so much!

edit:

Absolute maxiumum I can make this summer is about $2000 so it would preferable if it was under that amount.

Edited by decsjr, 19 June 2014 - 07:21 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,335 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:41 PM

Marketing is not to be trusted.  It doesn't matter who's marketing.

Okay, thought you were looking for a laptop.  You might want to check out Falcon Northwest's Fragbox

#3 beans17

beans17

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:04 AM

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/LandingPages/FangBattleBox/

That may be one of the best options for what you ware looking for. I have bought 3 PCs from them and have had 0 issues, and their support is pretty good if anything happens.

#4 defanged

defanged

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:38 AM

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/LandingPages/FangBattleBox/

That may be one of the best options for what you ware looking for. I have bought 3 PCs from them and have had 0 issues, and their support is pretty good if anything happens.

I've owned one laptop and one PC from these guys - - the site looks sketchy, but the builds are solid and hold up well. The one time I had to call support, they were polite, knowledgeable, and surprisingly helpful. The magazine ads, cheesy website with silly names for pre-configured models (which look heavy on LEDs, but light on quality), and suspiciously low prices don't inspire confidence, but under all that crap they are a reliable option. Of course, if you have the cash and don't mind paying extra for a name, go with falcon northwest or xidax... They are both excellent semi-custom online companies, and you can't go wrong with either.

No matter what you end up picking - brand or retailer - you are going to find people adamantly opposed and single-mindedly enthusiastic about your particular choice; research is a good idea, but don't forget that ultimately it's your money and your choice...

SETUP, as of 4/14 - Case: Corsair 900D full tower, PSU: corsair 1200 watts, MB: ASUS rampage IV extreme, GPU(s): 3 X Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 hydro copper classified in 3-way SLI , RAM: 64 GB corsair dominator platinum DDR3, CPU: i7 3970X extreme edition @ 3.5 GHz (hexacore), OD: ASUS blu-ray RW, Cooling: EK liquid system, incl. EK waterblock, EK fittings, EK pump, resevoir, coolant misc., generic tubing, Audio: Creative sound blaster Recon3D THX PCIE Fatal1ty Champion sound card, Storage: SSD/HD: 2 X 240 GB samsung SSD (OS - win 7 pro), 1 TB caviar black, 4 TB caviar blue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users